Joint Public Hearing
Veterans Affairs and Emergency Preparedness and
Senate Education Committees
Military-Friendly Higher Education
Wednesday, June 20, 2012 at 9:00 a.m.
Hearing Room #1/North Office Building
9:00 a.m. - 9:10 a.m.
- Sen. Lisa Baker, Chair, Veterans Affairs and Emergency
- Sen. Jeffrey Piccola, Chairman, Education Committee
- Sen. Tim Solobay, Minority Chairman, Veterans Affairs Committee
- Sen. Andrew Dinniman, Minority Chairman, Education Committee
9:10 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.
- Joshua D. Lang, Vice-President, National Leadership Council, Student
Veterans of America; U.S. Army, Veteran of Afghanistan
- Brian Hall, Veteran, Student at The Penn State University-Mont Alto
9:30 a.m. - 9:40 a.m.
9:40 a.m. - 10:40 a.m.
Higher Education Panel
- Dr. John C. Cavanaugh, Chancellor, State System of Higher
- Daniel R. Rota, Ph.D., Director of Veterans Education Services Center,
and Brig. Gen. PA ANG (Ret), Professor Emeritus Computer and Information
Systems, Robert Morris University
- Janet Owens, Outreach Coordinator, Office of Veterans Services,
University of Pittsburgh
- Cristina Ruggiero, Ph.D., Interim Associate Dean and Acting Director
of the Office of Veterans Services, University of Pittsburgh, College of General
- Diane Bosak, Executive Director, Pennsylvania Commission for Community
10:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Marcus Lingenfelter, Director, State Government Programs, The
College Board; U.S. Marine
David Parmele, Executive Director, CLEP Program, The College Board,
ex-Air Force officer
- Meg Krause, Director, Veterans Programs, American Council on Education, Iraqi